FAQs: Reversible Drum Storm
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions relating to our Reversible Drum Storm. If you need additional help with your application and/or can't find an answer to your question, please call our factory at 1-705-770-4455 or email an Application Engineer at email@example.com.
- 1. Can a purchase a Reversible Drum Storm with an extended hose?
- Yes. Our standard hoses are available in 10' and 20' lengths. Custom lengths of PVC hose are also available by special order. Since the Drum Storm is designed for use with a 10' hose, longer hose lengths will affect performance depending on the application.
- 2. Why can't I use the Drum Storm on material with a low flash point?
- The Drum Storm unit has the potential to produce a static charge which can spawn from the media being transported.
- 3. What viscosity of fluid can the Drum Storm move?
- The Reversible Drum Storm can move anything from water right up to motor oil. Below are pumping rates of various viscosity's of fluids with an 80 PSIG inlet pressure.
- Water ~40 gallons per minute
- Hydraulic Oil ~11 gallons per minute
- 15W40 Motor Oil ~7 gallons per minute
- 4. What's the vertical lift the Drum Storm can produce?
- Approximately 9-1/2 feet @ 80 PSIG inlet pressure.
- 5. Can the drum become over pressurized?
- No. The risk of over-pressurization is eliminated by a relief valve build into the Drum Storm unit.
- 6. Does the Reversible Drum Storm require regular maintenance?
- The Drum Storm is constructed of type 303 stainless steel and has no moving parts inside except for the adjusting knob. To clean, simply immerse the entire unit in a solvent cleaner or mild degreaser.