FAQs: Threaded Air Conveyor
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions relating to our Threaded Air Conveyor. If you need additional help with your application and/or can't find an answer to your question, please call our factory at 1-705-770-4455 or email an Application Engineer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1. Can liquid be conveyed with the Air Conveyor?
- No, the STREAMTEK™ Air Conveyor is not engineered to convey liquids. The Air Conveyor will suck up a bit of liquid, but not in a solid form.
- 2. Can powder be conveyed with the Air Conveyor?
- Yes, the STREAMTEK™ Air Conveyor will convey all powder like substances. However, the ejection end of the Air Conveyor conveying system will be very dusty. You will need to separate the powder from the air moving the powder. A centrifugal separator or filter will usually solve this problem.
- 3. Does the Air Conveyor have an air amplification ratio?
- The compressed air from the generating unit enclosed inside the Air Conveyor will pull the air from the suction end through the Air Conveyor with approximately nine (9) times the SCFM consumed. This is what provides the massive air flow to convey the media.
- 4. How should I position your Air Conveyor in my setup?
- As a general rule of thumb, the Air Conveyor should be installed within 3-5 feet of the suction point. This is because it’s easier to blow media through a pipe/hose/tube than it is to vacuum. If you cannot get the Air Conveyor this close, then install as close as possible to the suction point.
- 5. Can I convey flammable materials with an Air Conveyor?
- No. A static charge can be produced the media being conveyed.