FAQs: Regular Air Wipe
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions relating to our Aluminum Air Wipes. If you need additional help with your application and/or can't find an answer to your question, please call our factory at 1-705-770-4455 or email an Application Engineer at email@example.com.
- 1. What is the recommended pressure that should be used with the Air Wipe?
- Always try to use the lowest pressure that is possible for your application. Always use a pressure regulator to increase force/airflow to the point where your application problem is rectified. The maximum pressure of the Air Wipe is 250 PSIG.
- 2. Can I connect the cold end of a Vortex Tube to an Air Wipe?
- No. This would cause an airflow restriction which would instantly produce back-pressure in excess of 5 PSIG! When this back-pressure is exceeded, performance of the Vortex Tube will be negatively impacted.
- 3. Why use the Air Wipe, instead of the compressed air pipe with holes drilled in it?
- The compressed air is amplified with a 30:1 ratio using the surrounding air to produce its high volume airflow. This will provide enough airflow to dry, cool, and clean while paying a fraction of the cost it would be to that of using straight compressed air.
- 4. What is the angle of the airflow from the Air Wipe?
- The product traveling through the Air Wipe is hit by the airflow at a 30° angle (60° included angle)
- 5. What are the materials of construction for the Air Wipe?
- The STREAMTEK™ Air Wipe is available in Aluminum, and Type 303 Stainless Steel for high temperature and/or corrosive applications. Type 316 Stainless Air Wipes can be manufactured upon special request.
- 6. How can I mount the Air Wipe?
- There are two (2) ways you can mount the STREAMTEK™ Air Wipe.
- Use ridged compressed air pipe to support unit.
- 1/4"-20 mounting holes on the bottom of the air wipe. The holes are 1/2" depth thread, ideal for a bracket fabricated by the customer.