Table of Contents
What is a Cold Air Gun?
How do Cold Air Guns work?
How does it work cold air gun:
- Compressed air enters into the vortex tube component of the Tool Cooler.
- The vortex tube splits the compressed air into hot and cold air streams.
- The hot air from the vortex tubes is exhausted into the atmosphere after being muffled.
- The cold air stream enters the muffler and passes through the flexible hose, which directs the airflow to the point of use.
- A strong magnetic base provides quick n’ easy portability & mounting.
- Flexible cold air line
- Magnetic base for easy mounting
Types of Cold Air Guns
15 SCFM (425 SLPM)
30 SCFM (850 SLPM)
Cold Air Gun Applications
- Tire grinding
- Plastic Machining
Cold Air Gun Specifications
Use and Selection of your Tool Cooler:
The Single Point Tool Coolers should be used where a concentrated airflow is needed such as in grinding & drilling. The Dual Point versions are typically used in applications where the heat is generated over a large surface area such as in milling, sawing, chill rolls or application of hot melt adhesives.
Controlling the Cold Air:
The Streamtek Tool Cooler Cold Gun System provides instant cold air! A solenoid valve (Model SLD00-1) is an excellent way to turn the compressed air supply to the Cold Gun system on-off as it is needed, which in turn conserves compressed air usage. A Manual Shutoff Valve (Model VLV014-1) can also be used to cycle on and off.
The Compressed Air Supply:
The Tool Cooler Cold Gun System is engineered to use compressed air supply of 80-100 PSIG (5.5 to 6.9 BAR). If lower input pressures are given, both temperature drop and flow will be reduced. A clean dry source of compressed air is imperative in the operation of the Streamtek Vortex Tube Tool Cooler.
Streamtek products use innovative compressed air technologies to improve productivity, increase equipment efficiency and deliver enclosure and spot cooling, conveying, and blow-off. If you don’t find a solution and/or idea for your application, or if you want additional details, call our factory at 1-705-770-4455 or email an Application Engineer at email@example.com.